Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Photobucket
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

December 21, 2010

Tuesday, 3 days till christmas for me :)

Today Tuesday...
for me it means kitchen day
I have promised myself that I will have this apartment completely clean
detailed clean before Christmas
since we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ
to me it means in a way that he comes that day
I would never want for Jesus to visit my house while its a mess
so if we are celebrating his coming into the world
the least I can do is clean my house so it can look presentable for his birth..


So so far I have washed all the dishes
I had a monstrous stack of them!
Now clean they seem less but still filled my sink
So after dishes I got to the counters and kitchen stove
took a break while I dried the knobs of the stove
and my mountain of dishes came tumbling down...
thank goodness I got up fast and caught them before anything broke
so I separated them and stacked both sides of my sink with them

still lots of dishes but safe from harm

Now I just got to clean the kitchen floor
its so dirty...
but wont be for long :).

Last Friday we went to our Branch Christmas Party
it was great!
even Santa showed up
and Owen got to take his first pick with Santa
Daddy and mommy :p
5 and a half months in mommy's belly

The party was a success
there was even dancing after
too bad I was just wiped by then and we had to leave
but I so enjoyed the entire party
the YM and YW acted out and narrated the nativity story
we all sang songs in between that fit the story perfectly
even the primary kids had their part where they all went up to sing.

Ok
I know you must be wondering about my entry title
as a Family and Country tradition we celebrate Christmas eve with my family
its how it goes in our country :) (well where I was born, now I have 2)
We have family and friends time, we play, hangout etc
then we have our Christmas eve dinner around 8 or 9 pm
why so late? well after we eat and mingle we get together and read the nativity story
we sing Christmas songs around the tree
and we talk about the wonderful gift our Heavenly Father sent to us so long ago
Our Savior Jesus Christ
after that we have some dessert (if we haven't had it by then)
and we wait anxiously for the clock to strike midnight!
Then its Christmas!!!
We toast, give hugs and wish each other a marry Christmas
with our special wishes for each other
then we sit around the tree and pass out our Christmas presents
and take turns opening them
Its Great!
When I was little we were sent to bed right after an early (5 or 6pm) dinner
we slept and waited for Santa to come as we got older we could hear all the noise
of Santa putting the presents under the tree
and at midnight we would be woken up because Santa had been there and it was Christmas!
Then the real fun begun
we would open presents and go visit our friends of our neighborhood
we would show and see each others presents and we would play with them
we would go wish a merry Christmas to all our neighbors
take them a present from our family, play and party all night
there would always be parties at our friends and such so we would
spend time in a lot of different houses dancing and enjoying the company
In Chile is Summer time during Christmas so we just loved being outside at night time
It was great!
We would go to bed in the morning and wake up in the afternoon
get ready and go visit our families
we would got with our aunts, uncles and cousins to the beach or the pools
:D I had an awesome kid life :D


Here our great Christmas Tree!
I got ornaments as a present from the kids I nanny
they are absolutely beautiful, I love them
and totally homemade :) Thanks Marna.
So of course that they are in my tree!


*Paola*

1 comment:

  1. Paola! i have a little award for you. you can read about it here: http://gigglemepink.blogspot.com/2010/12/amazing-award.html

    Que tengas un bonito dia! :)

    ReplyDelete