Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Photobucket
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

February 22, 2013

March 15, 2012~Loaderfam.net

 To Vegas and back


Well, we made it. Had to go down to Vegas and pick up Paola’s little brother Diego from his mission. It was a good experience. Interesting to see the way a different mission is run. We got the opportunity to see a “transfer conference”. Apparently at transfer time, the whole mission heads out to the mission office with all their stuff, does a little reporting, the departing missionaries get to bear their testimonies, then the president read off all the changes. It was strange to me. My mission didn’t do that, the President just expected that we get rides to our new areas and be to work by 6pm on P-day. I loved being in that atmosphere with all those missionaries though, singing hymns and such before the meeting started. The Spirit hit me pretty good then. The entire time I was singing (especially “Armies of Helaman”), I kept thinking of Owen and what Paola and I have ahead of us in getting him ready to head out. He’s so tiny. But big things come in small packages. Got a lot to learn and teach.
Also, it was really cool. I met a sister missionary there who was also departing. She’s from P-town (Pomona, CA)! That’s where I baptized Jemima & Jose Castillo!! She KNOWS them and is going to pass along my contact information. Whoa buddy. She was pretty excited to have met the guy who baptized them. She reports that they are doing WONDERFULLY and are super strong. I hope I can get ahold of them soon.
And, here we are back at home base. Owen made it. He’s so tough, but the poor guy had very irregular eating and sleeping patterns over the last 3 days. Just about to go put him to sleep. Hopefully his body regulates again and we can get some sleep tonight too :)
Anyway, going to go help Paola get him down. Peace.


(Adding some pictures to Riley's post )

~Riley
~Paola(pics)

No comments:

Post a Comment